Many different things can cause HTTP proxies to fail to work: Client configuration, server configuration, firewalls, routers, network issues, etc.
Please follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Ensure your current IP is authorized:
2. Test going to http://limeproxies.com/anonymity.php manually in a browser:
3. Test different URLs to determine if the issue only occurs on a specific website.
4. Test from another computer on a different network if possible (ensure that computer's IP is authorized too).
5. Test with an alternate proxy port: port 1212 is supported.
If the steps fail to resolve the issue, please submit a ticket noting:
1. The proxy IP and port
2. Which websites you experience issues on (and whether other websites work fine)
3. Whether the error occurs 100% of the time or only occasionally
4. A screenshot of the error you see.
Many different issues can cause a proxy to fail to work, so these details are critical for us to help identify any problems you experience.